Snooper"s Video Collection

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Soldier Wins $1 Million, Heads Back to Iraq

Posted yesterday by mlh in World | 17 comments | 201 views


Vote it up at Digital Journal

Color him any color you want, but make sure you use Red, White and Blue. Though he hit the Jackpot, Sgt. Wayne Leyde, a newly made millionaire, will be heading back to Iraq to serve a third tour of duty. He used a lucky coin to scratch his winning ticket.
As ABC News reports:
Leyde was driving near his home in Mead, Washington when he stopped at a store on the side of the road and bought a ticket.

"I decided to walk into a local Zip Trip. I got a Coke and beef jerky and walked up to the counter and thought I'd pick up a few scratch tickets and try my luck. I was on my way out when the lady said, 'Do you have a lucky scratch coin?'
Little did he know.

Sgt Leyde said that he has made a commitment to return to Iraq for a third tour and he said that he will honor that commitment.

As ABC News reports:
"It was a commitment I made about three months ago. I'm going to stick to it," Leyde said about his decision.
He said that even though the housing costs in his area have increased quite a bit, he has no intentions of spending his newly acquired $1 million.