Snooper"s Video Collection

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rest Easy, Friend, Patriot...Major Andrew Olmsted

~Snooper~


My friend, fellow soldier and blogging soldier, Major Andrew Olmsted, was KIA yesterday in Iraq.





He was killed defending a village under threats from rabid murdering Men of Peace. The village was primarily composed of innocent women and children. So brave these Men of Peace are.

Some time ago, he composed a blog entry to be posted upon his death. That post is at Obsidian Wings and at his own web site, Andrew Olmsted.

Rest in peace, Soldier.

I include a poem located in the comments section of Confederate Yankee.

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced his God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well.
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

Damn, how I hate Islamic murdering shits.

Memeorandum here:
Andrew Olmsted Killed in Iraq
Track Back: Stormwarning's Counterterrorism

Rocky Mountain News and another memeorandum