Snooper"s Video Collection

Friday, April 11, 2008

American Hero Charlton Heston Has Died

Hat Tip to All American Blogger and MacsMind.

Words from the family is here and a report is here.

He was 84 years young and may he rest in peace.

I met him many years ago in NYC at La Guardia...not that he would ever remember me but I remember the encounter and was quite impressed. I had no idea that he was directly in front of me until he decided to do an about face and we collided.

He said, "Oh sorry. Pardon me." He then walked off. The folks I was with at the time asked me what I said back and I had the deer in the headlight look. Being so young, I just stood there having met one of my heroes and didn't do a damn thing but stare in disbelief that I let a chance of a lifetime vanish. Oh well.

Always remember a True American. (Read the rest)